StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't see this mod. addressed. I recently traded SV650 for a DL650 and I am wondering if the R6 throttle tube is as big a benefit for the DL or if even feasible?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Not sure what an R6 throttle tube does, but I put one of these on the Wee and marvel at its effortless operation every time I ride: G2 Tamer Throttle Tube
It's aluminum so it shouldn't warp under heated grips, either.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
I did a search and didn't see this mod. addressed. I recently traded SV650 for a DL650 and I am wondering if the R6 throttle tube is as big a benefit for the DL or if even feasible?
I'm sure I've got one buried in the race spares box, never thought to use it on the Strom. If I get motivated I'll give it a try. Don't hold your breath though. :)

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not sure what an R6 throttle tube does, but I put one of these on the Wee and marvel at its effortless operation every time I ride: G2 Tamer Throttle Tube
It's aluminum so it shouldn't warp under heated grips, either.
Not to hijack a thread, but this has been on my 'farkle radar' for a while now. Any downside at all to this gizmo? It's that on-off throttle transition that I'd love to smooth out. Is the total arc of throttle the same as stock?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Sorry, 1/5 throttle reduces range from fully closed to fully open by 1/5.
Thanks.

Not to hijack a thread, but this has been on my 'farkle radar' for a while now. Any downside at all to this gizmo? It's that on-off throttle transition that I'd love to smooth out. Is the total arc of throttle the same as stock?
I believe the cam on the G2 for the DL650 is stock. The main benefits are that it is aluminum and not subject to warping under heated grips (should last forever), and the delrin inserts make it almost effortless to turn. I have never been so stunned at such utter smoothness. I notice it every time I get on the bike.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The G2 is ramped. Early on, rotation provides less cable movement but more cable movement per degree of rotation occurs as WOT is approached.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I plan on adding the G2 to my Wee. I had it on my FJR and it was a help with the lurch I get sometimes with the throttle . Strictly user error, bu the busted up arthritic hand has an easier time with a little forgiveness which the G2 offers

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have the G2 and have also set the TPS to come off null at 1700 rpm. Makes for much nicer poking around in first gear in the boondocks.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have the G2 and have also set the TPS to come off null at 1700 rpm. Makes for much nicer poking around in first gear in the boondocks.
I'm sold - ordered mine this morning. :yesnod:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I should probably point out that my G2 replaced a heat-warped stocker that only had about 4 positions. So, my sense of any cam action compared to stock is completely meaningless. I repeat my amazement at its smoothness, though.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The G2 Throttle Tamer is a help, but there is still some typical fuel injected on-off at the crack point. I really notice the difference when I take the G2 off in the winter for the stock heated grip. One of these days I'll put a heated insert under the grip on the G2....

Anyone know where to buy just one electrical connector for a heated grip?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I should probably try it and I can't believe I haven't yet. I've put one on all my SVs and TL1K.. I've got a spare so I have no reason not to try.

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
Will Oxfords fit over these?

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Will Oxfords fit over these?
With great wailing and gnashing of teeth.
I had to *strenuously* rotate mine back-and-forth until the knurling on the G2 ground down the inner Oxford tube enough to get on - and it AIN'T coming off.

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
With great wailing and gnashing of teeth.
I had to *strenuously* rotate mine back-and-forth until the knurling on the G2 ground down the inner Oxford tube enough to get on - and it AIN'T coming off.
Wow! I was considering this but that doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. :yikes:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've got the new Throttle Tamer in the For Sale section if anyone is interested - I'm not willing to give up my heated grips, and didn't want to perform a major medical surgery on the right grip to make it fit over the TT.

The ramp profile on the Tamer is a little less sophisticated than I had assumed. A thin file and 30 minutes can get you real close on your stocker. Ride report to follow. :biggrinjester:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts