StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can't find in a search here or anywhere else

I know that 5½ rear wheels from bandits, sv1ks, gsxrs etc all require spacer or caliper fabrication

how bout 4½" SV650 wheels or 5" gladius wheels ? anybody know, are they bolt on, or maybe just spacer fabrication

spare V-strom wheels are hard to find, looking to expand my search parameters

· Premium Member
3,555 Posts
I'm lame brained..... I've got a couple spare SV650 wheels, maybe I should just attempt it

unless someone already knows the answer
You have first gen SV wheels I'm assuming? If so, you'll at least need to replace the bearings, the DL axle is bigger. I'd mock it up with the SV axle, that should give you an idea about spacers, rotor and chain alignment.

· Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have first gen SV wheels I'm assuming? If so, you'll at least need to replace the bearings, the DL axle is bigger. I'd mock it up with the SV axle, that should give you an idea about spacers, rotor and chain alignment.
yup, 1st gen my SV is a project thats been sitting on my EazyRizer for the pat 4 years that I have a bunch of spares for

are 2nd gens same axle size as DL ? Gladius ?

my goal is to be able to do a wheel swap between my CT and stock size MC tire without much fuss so I don't want to do a caliper mod that won't work with the stock setup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.