StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone again...

I just introduced myself in general section, now I have a question for Ontario troopers:)

I have '06 Boulevard C50 (Volusia), first owner, mint with around 1700 km on it. I talked about trading it for '07 DL 1000 with about 2000 km, black,stock - he is asking around $2000 + my bike for it? Should I do it? I know that new DL 1000 is around 11.999+ pdi, tax..... Still looks like not a bad deal. I think we both understand, that taking our bikes to the dealer = less $$$$$
Anyway, I will try to look at that strom first....
Let me know what You think....
Thanks

P.s. it's Toronto/Mississauga area...

·
Registered
36 Posts
look at $$

i did the same sort of thing in 2001 . i had a 1998 Honda shadow ACE with 30 000km on it . i was looking at a 2001 Katana 750 with soft bag (new 0 km ).

i traded the Honda for the Kat with no money .
i was told after the deal that he can sell the Honda faster then the Kat .

ok the Kat is not the vstrom . i have a 1000 vstrom i love my bike . but still for the normal ppl out there it still looks like a sport bike. its to tall for some ppl, it sort of a cult bike like a BMW or Ducati .there are 2 types of ppl outthere . you love the strom or you hate the strom .
the Market is up for the Cruzer type bike .

your bikes a year old with next to no Km on it .try to get him down from 2000 $. just think theres a large group of ppl who like your bike and who will buy it .
good luck
i hope you get the vstrom

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Hello everyone again...

I just introduced myself in general section, now I have a question for Ontario troopers:)

I have '06 Boulevard C50 (Volusia), first owner, mint with around 1700 km on it. I talked about trading it for '07 DL 1000 with about 2000 km, black,stock - he is asking around $2000 + my bike for it? Should I do it? I know that new DL 1000 is around 11.999+ pdi, tax..... Still looks like not a bad deal. I think we both understand, that taking our bikes to the dealer = less $$$$$
Anyway, I will try to look at that strom first....
Let me know what You think....
Thanks

P.s. it's Toronto/Mississauga area...
Think about what you could get for the C50 in a private sale. Now consider what the trade is worth. The trade will lower your tax payable and eliminate the hastle of trying to flog the C50. If you really want the strom, it may be worthwhile to make the deal. Stroms can be hard to find when you want to buy one, and given the uncertainty of the 1000 being around next year it may be a good time to act. If it was me, I'd make the trade and begin enjoying motorcycling as it was meant to be. :D

Just my opinion

SS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts