StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received mine today after getting annoyed with trying to mount my Wolfman Timberland bag.

I was having trouble locking it to the ring when I realized there was already a plastic locking plate inserted and locked into the bottom of the bag. I purchased the proper DL1000 mounting kit, but this was an additional plate that was already in the lock of the bag.

My question is did I get a used bag or is this something they all come with??

Thanks in advance

[email protected]

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I was mostly curious cause the mounting plate appeared a little scuffed, everything else looked mint.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
I think the folks at Givi get a good laugh as everyone tries to jam the bag in their before removing the unmentioned plate. lol

Reactions: symbiotix

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the folks at Givi get a good laugh as everyone tries to jam the bag in their before removing the unmentioned plate. lol
Agreed! I was literally standing on the pegs pushing on the bag... I was thinking "maybe it just has to break in a little?"... lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Most bikes can use the mount that comes with the bag and just need the appropriate "horseshoe-shaped" plate to match the bolt pattern of the gas cap.

Because the DL gas cap is recessed deeper in the plastic top trim, it needs an extra tall mount. So, when you buy the appropriate DL mount it replaces the mount that comes with the bag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts