StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a couple of photo's especially for those in the Northern Hemisphere who have started the obligatory " what do you do to your bike when it is time to hibernate" threads. Today was a balmy 21 degrees in the Apple Isle and a run was in order.

From Launceston straight down the middle to OAtlands to catch up with a mate from Hobart and then a gentle run across country through Jericho to Bothwell and on to the Great Lakes, hand a left towards Poatina (those that know, really Know!!!) The best seven consecutive hairpins you will ever ride. The thrill was increased thanks to the local council grading the edges and the lines of gravel around the corners all seemed to be in exactly the spot that I wished to ride in. Came down from the hill and hung a left into Campbelltown for a subway and coffee and then home. All in all an extremely pleasant jaunt covering a total of 380kms.

These 2 photo's was taken on the plateau at the Great Lakes, Tasmania, Gods own country.

This next photo was from a run a couple of weeks ago, even the Strom could not make it to the other side.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hi Tone,nice pics,I can't wait to get over again--I recall on my trip leaving St Marys I think it was and calling in at lake Leak and on a nice day the fog rolled in like a blanket within 10 minutes,I could not believe how quick the weather changed,my most enjoyable road trip by far was Tassie.:yesnod:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I really do need to get organised for a trip down there. :fineprint:

Nice pics Tony, good to see you are still getting out and about. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts