StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about buying a used wee. some questions before i do. if i get one i would be riding it year-round in portland, oregon's rainy weather. i think it is more than possible with the right gear. my main concern is the tire selection. i have read the tire opinions on here but have yet to read about someone riding in this type of weather consistently. thankful for any advice that i can get from you all. i would also like to take it on some forest service roads when the weather permits which might influence the suggestions. i'm also 6'5 230lbs with a 36" inseam and find it difficult to find riding gear that fits. thanks and i hope to hit some rides with pdx folks if/when i do get the bike.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
There's a pretty large VStrom community in the PDX area...

and a few all weather riders. Tire opinions are vast and varied. I prefer the Anakee's or Battle Wings, but others prefer all the rest...Metzler's, TKC's and so on.

Gear in the giant size isn't that difficult to find...but you'll likely end up ordering online to get the tall stuff. I like motorcyclesuperstore.com, located in Medford and they have a great return policy. For Olympia gear (tall and big) I order from motorsportsoutlet.com never had a problem with either in many transactions.

Good luck in your search and be sure to check out the Pacific Northwest section for local goings on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
many thanks for the links. i am closing in on buying the bike if i can get a good price. i will post if/when i nab it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Welcome pdxfix,

Lots of awsome places to ride around here! I ride year round too even tho sometimes my wife questions my sanity.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
rain gear

Froggtogs raingear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts