StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've been off bike for quite a few years and finally got back into it again. My last "real" bike was a bandit 600, currently I'm driving a burgman 400 to work daily. I'm considering getting a sport touring bike, and the DL650 (or possibly 1000) is on my radar, but I was hoping to ask...

I've sat on a 650 in a dealership and it felt like the front end was rather long from the seating position and that the guages were kinda far away from me. I was wondering if this was a common feeling that people get used to - I'm planning on going back to another dealership today in the hopes of sitting on one again to see if maybe I just misinterpretted (ie: if I was just having a bad day=). For some reason it felt like the gas tank was huge and the front was way out ahead of me. I really like the looks of the bike, and for the most part it seems to receive wonderful reviews; I'm still a bit on the fence.

-Tony

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
That is normal for any bike with the instruments in a frame mounted fairing. They have to be beyond the swing of the triple clamp rather than right on top of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, ok. For some reason the guages didn't feel as far on a few other bikes I sat on that day (st1300, fjr, etc.) now, this was a few weeks ago, so I may just be remembering wrong - then again, those bikes may not have the same mounting...)

I'm hoping to get to sit on them again today (unfortunately, my shopping has been really broken up these past few weeks by that aweful thing known as work ;) ).

-Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heh, although that is true - the 400 isn't what I'm comparing it too =) Granted, it is far out compared to what I remember my bandit 600 being, but that was a different style bike all together.

I'm more comparing its feel to the honda ST1300, honda VFR800, yamaha FJR(forgot number off hand)

-Tony

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I rode a new Tiger awhile back and was really unnerved that all the guages seemed so close, with nothing else out front. It's all what you're accustomed to. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Buy it, then take it on the road, off the road...whatever. Then you wont care how it feels cause you will be in love:D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hi all,

I was wondering if this was a common feeling that people get used to

-Tony
Never really thought about it. The gages are easy to read, so it's never been an issue for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts