StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to find a good, second-hand DL1000.
Went and looked at one today, and took it for a spin. Went well, however I noticed a fair bit of noise when the clutch lever was out. As soon as you pulled in the lever, the noise disappeared. It was quite noisy, as this bike had after market cans, and while riding you could still hear it above them.
Any suggestions?

Also, a few vibrations come in around 2500 revs. Realise it's a v twin (I'm used to riding an inline 4), but they seemed a little excessive. Is this normal?

The bike's an 02 model, with 22000 klms on the clock. Otherwise in very good nick, and reasonably priced. If this clutch noise is easy (cheap) to fix, I'll most likely go for it.

Cheers,

Paul

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replacing the clutch basket with the upgraded one will take care of both issues. The 02's and early 03's frequently had those problems. At some point in 03 production, the clutch basket was revised. Suzuki never did recall them, but they did replace some of them under warranty.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pauljo said:
Replacing the clutch basket with the upgraded one will take care of both issues. The 02's and early 03's frequently had those problems. At some point in 03 production, the clutch basket was revised. Suzuki never did recall them, but they did replace some of them under warranty.
Thanks, Paul. So will the late 03/04 factory clutch basket fit directly onto the 02 model? Or is the revised clutch basket made solely for the 02/early 03s? Is it a factory item?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts