StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

Just want to ask your advice please. I have been riding for about three years now, and I make sure every time I go out I am suited and booted to the hilt. My helmet, Jacket, boots and gloves are all fine but I seem to become very uncomfortable in my pants. - They are fabric type and wind/waterproof and do a very good job, but they are not breathable, and they keep feeling very clammy and restrictive, like when you wear a rain mac. Anyone get this? First 20 minutes are fine, but then it feels like you cant move your legs well because your pants feel stuck to you. This pisses me off and I find it distracting. Is leather more comfortable in this respect, or should I wear some kind of long johns under the pants?

Cheers people...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I wear wicking long underwear. In warm weather, a mesh outer garment goes over that. Add rain and an outer rain suit goes over that. When it's colder, the insulated liner goes under the mesh.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
I've been wearing tourmaster venture air pants for the last month. They have a padded mesh outer pant, zip in rain liner and zip in insulation. They've been good so far.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Been using TPG firstgear escape pants, ride in 90 degree temps and the vents on them are great. These are the best ones I have used so far due to the superior venting. I don't think you could go wrong with Olympia either.

·
Registered
104 Posts
+1 for The Olympia Airglide. :D
Very comfortable in warm weather. When it's warm enough, I just wear shorts underneath them.
Easy on off too, even with boots on.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Why No Pants For Fat Guys

I have a question along these lines.

I have Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 Over Pants that I HATE. They are just TOO DAMN HOT even in colder weather. Also the zipper are crap and the waist belt thing is a PAIN IN THE REAR. Problem i have is they are the ONLY motorcycle pants available around here for a FAT GUY like myself (6' 285lbs 52-54" Waist 30" Inseam).

I have tried leather chaps (i used to be a cruiser guy) and they breathed better but i just cant stand them and protecton is only on the legs.

Personally i just were Cardhart work pants over whatever I am wearing (shorts jeans dress pants). Their double layred and heavily built for regular wear and tear of out doors work but yet breath well. I KNOW they wont hold up much better than my good old jeans but the way i see it is the uncomfort of the Joe Rocket pants are more dangerous than the lack of protection from my reg pants.

Why is it most motorcycle gear manufacturers leave out the big guys. Its funny i got TONS of jacket choices but for pants i guess i need to go custom made or just go without and on my budget i will go without.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
+1 for The Olympia Airglide. :D
Very comfortable in warm weather. When it's warm enough, I just wear shorts underneath them.
Easy on off too, even with boots on.
Me too. I've worn mine through two summers and some of that was at the R.O.T. rally in Austin last year (over 100F). I wear cargo shorts under them when it's hot, Jeans when it's not (or my work pants when commuting). They've also been through two winters and I ride down into the teens as long as its dry.

The only problem is the waterproof liner is quilted so if its hot and raining you need an additional pair of outer rain pants or you're gonna either burn up or get wet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts