StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be installing 3/4" lowering links when they arrive this week. My question concerns lowering the front end (raising the forks). I've read Reverendbiker's instructions for installing the links and lowering the front end.

Question - I'm wondering if it's necessary to lower the front end after installing 3/4" links and if so, is it necessary to lower it a full 3/4" or is 1/2" enough.

I feel I have to lower the bike a bit since the install of a Russell Day Long (love it!) has prevented me from flat footing it at a stop as I could previously. I'm getting ready for a ride along the Al-Can Highway to Fairbanks and want to be as safe as possibly.

Another question - Is lowering the front end as per Reverendbiker's instructions actually that easy? I'm mechanically handicapped but it doesn't appear to be too difficult.

Thanks for any help,
Gary

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
A 1/2" in the front it about what mine is lowered with 3/4" links in the rear. It's all about how you like it to feel. Yes it can be changed back just as easily.

I'm going to be installing 3/4" lowering links when they arrive this week. My question concerns lowering the front end (raising the forks). I've read Reverendbiker's instructions for installing the links and lowering the front end.

Question - I'm wondering if it's necessary to lower the front end after installing 3/4" links and if so, is it necessary to lower it a full 3/4" or is 1/2" enough.

I feel I have to lower the bike a bit since the install of a Russell Day Long (love it!) has prevented me from flat footing it at a stop as I could previously. I'm getting ready for a ride along the Al-Can Highway to Fairbanks and want to be as safe as possibly.

Another question - Is lowering the front end as per Reverendbiker's instructions actually that easy? I'm mechanically handicapped but it doesn't appear to be too difficult.

Thanks for any help,
Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts