StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a 2017 650 with side cases from Suzuki. I’m looking for a top case ...... called local Suzuki dealer and they are very expensive. Anyone out there have a recommendation for a top case that would look/fit with my side cases ? The case I have on, I do not like the look ......

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
What side cases do you have? And are you saying you don't like the Suzuki side cases? If so sell them and buy something different.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Oh, and WELCOME! Your first post :grin2:

I don't like the plastic molded Suzuki side cases that came with my bike either. I'm selling them and installing a Givi Monokey side rack so I can use any Givi/Kappa monokey cases.

I have a Kappa KGR52 (Givi TRK52) as a top case, after reviewing all the options.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
Everything is relatively expensive unless you get an ugly Mil spec box like a Hardigg case.
I thought the oval plastic factory bags looked good. They don't hold up in a crash too well though.
I got Seahorse boxes for cheap, Pelican look alike.

·
#motoref
224 Posts
If you have a little time ... www.motostorm.it ... Kappa and/or Givi. $31 shipping per order - but their prices are 25% off of Revzilla (or more) on many items.

I got $400+ revzilla order of Givi stuff for $259 delivered.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Welcome. It sure would help if we knew what you have now that you don’t like. That will be obvious when you have enough posts to put up some pictures. Check out amazon and eBay for reasonable top cases. Here’s my bike with the $224 side cases from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC and an $88 top case from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have givi trekkers 2x33l plus 53 liter top box on my current bike and will fit them to 650xt soon.

something like this

pretty sturdy cases, been with me in Morocco.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I have givi trekkers 2x33l plus 53 liter top box on my current bike and will fit them to 650xt soon.

something like this

pretty sturdy cases, been with me in Morocco.
Any issues with the side cases, specifically waterproofness or ease of use of the dual opening mechanism?

I'm considering these for my side cases. I purchased the 52L top case and looking for larger side cases for longer trips.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Any issues with the side cases, specifically waterproofness or ease of use of the dual opening mechanism?

I'm considering these for my side cases. I purchased the 52L top case and looking for larger side cases for longer trips.
not a single issue over over 5 longer trips, during probably around 10k km total including off-road in Morocco.
A bit heavy but tough, bike fell over during storm on ferry to Africa and nothing happened except few scratches on black plastic.
Completely waterproof, just make sure you have clean seal while closing up.
One weak point I would say is the lock, with a big screwdriver you could probably open these cases breaking off plastic latches.
Although you can do with any pannier I believe.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts