StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st question: On the Zumo 450 or 550 can you charge batteries with the AC powered USB cable or are batteries only charged through the 12 VDC input through the mounting bracket?

2nd question: Can you operate the Zumo's using the USB input? Everytime I plug in the AC powered USB cable it goes into download mode.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
1. The batteries charge from a USB connection whether to an outlet or a computer.

2. I remember doing that once. It doesn't look like the present software allows it though.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thanks.

One other thing, seems like when I plug into the USB port through the AC power cord it tries to go into download mode, but when I disconnect it the cord it just stays in that mode. Can't power down or anything. The only way I've been able to get it out of download mode is to connect it to my PC. Once my PC recognizes the Zumo, I can unplug it and shut down the GPS.

What concerns me is what if I was on the road without a laptop and I wanted to charge my Zumo through the USP port with an AC or DC USB charger. I'm thinking I'm screwed if it takes a PC connection to shut 'er down.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Unplug it, then hold down the lower right button and press the upper left button. The unit will reset.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool. Thanks Greywolf!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts