StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Greywolf
Thought you would be the best person to ask the following. :yesnod:

The speedo wire (pink with white stripe and orange marks) on the Glee is above the gearbox and front sprocket going into a connection block on the nearside of the bike.
Would you tap into it here for the pro-oiler install?
Or can you suggest a better location.

Cheers Gotawee

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The brown spots are not part of the color code. It doesn't matter electrically where you tap into it. I tapped into that wire at the connection in the fairing for a cruise control.

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
I would hate to use the wrong wire.
Did you solder or clamp.
I couldn't find it in the front fairing on the Glee, I better have another look.

Thanks again

·
38,048 Posts
It's one of the wires in the large connector under the rubber cover in the left side of the fairing. I always solder.

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Greywolf
Will have another look when I get home from work.

·
38,048 Posts
I'll bet a number of people could have helped with that too. There are many bikes out there with CC and/or auto oilers installed.

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have located the pink wire in the fairing.
That would probably be the better location to use as it is more protected against the weather.

·
38,048 Posts
Make sure it has a white stripe. I don't think the all pink wire from the gear position switch is in that bundle but be sure you have the P/W wire.

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Greywolf
Had another look tonight and they are pink with a white stripe in both locations, front fairing and above front sprocket/gear position switch.
Which should mean I can use either location to tap into for the oiler but not sure.
To be on the safe side I will probably go with the front fairing though as that seems to be what was used on the old model from what I have read and if you have used that one on the glee it must be right.

·
38,048 Posts
The Glee has the speedo sensor near the front sprocket like the Vee while the Wee has it on the front axle. It doesn't matter where you connect to the P/W wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts