StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the E450 for my Wee, it appears to be a nice compromise between the V46 and the Bestem/JCW cases.

From what I have read, the Monolock line has a less-substantial mounting set up than the Monokey line. I know the specific model differences, but don't know the difference in the thickness of the case plastic and locking mechanisims.

For those that own the Monolocks, have you ever loaded these things up beyond their 6.6 LB rating and found the case to be unstable and/or less than up to the task? Where did Givi exactly cut the costs on the Monolocks? Thinner plastic walls? Locking mechanism?

I have a SHAD 46 on backorder, which is my original "split" between expensive and cheap. I'm not a fan of the proprietary Monokey mounting rack; however, I don't know if going Monolock is getting a "less rugged" product.

Any experienced input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the 350 flow and never a prob on 4 bikes KLR650, R1150R,DR650 and now on the Wee.....do wish I had the 450 tho!!!!!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I have the Monolock V35. Recently, a cager whacked me and bashed the bike to the ground. The left-side case took the impact. It stayed in place, the carrier was unharmed, as was the case itself. The total damage was scratches in the painted trim panel. Basically the cases saved the bike. I'd say they're plenty strong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had the E450 as a top case on my V for about 14k miles. It is still mounted solidly and does not wobble or rattle. I bought the case because it comes with the mounting plate and was a bit cheaper and have been very happy with it. I have no idea how much total weight I have put in it but I am sure I have exceeded 20 lbs on many occasions.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have one too, too much weight inside it is not a problem, it locks securely and I positioned it way back for more passenger room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts