StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I searched some of the threads but haven't found the answer to my question.

My situation is: I have an '07 DL1000. I don't know what kind of heated grips are installed (I have installed Dual Stars on an '04 650 using the plug located behind the radiator-- so these are not DS).

The previous owner made the positive connection using a Positap right near a fuse at the rear of the tank in front of the battery. I don't like this set up, although it works.

I am wondering if the Vee has a factory heated grip plug located someplace (my FJR1300 does and I used it to hook up Dual Stars), that I could use, and not put the whole circuit (which I figure includes the headlights) at risk?

Thanks for any replies.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The Vee's heated grip connector is located the same as the Wee's, behind the radiator.

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
When I finally "found" my connector behind the radiator for my hand grips the wire Suzuki used at first glance doesn't seem heavy enough. I used the connector and the grips work OK but I'm wondering if I could get more heat out of the grips if I ran a direct wire and fuse back to the battery?

Ron

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I hooked up my "Hot Grips" to the fctory connector, got the variable controller. No problems at all. Except my finger tips still get cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts