StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting around to seriously considering a DL1000xt . . . . Yay!!!!

I live in Southern MA, near the Rhode Island border. The dealers that are closest are Bettencourt Honda, Suzuki in West Bridgewater and MTR racing in Woonsocket, RI.

Are there any troopers that are familiar with my area and these dealers. They both have a DL1000xt, black, in stock so I'm going to have a look-see this week. I'm mostly curious to see if there are any opinions, positive or negative about these dealers.

Thanks in advance,

dh

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
If they try and squeeze you for more than $11k it's a burn.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they try and squeeze you for more than $11k it's a burn.
They're listing it at 13,299 with a 1,000 promotion ... so 12,299 . . . That seems to be what others are doing too. I haven't gone in, yet, so I don't know what wiggle room will be possible. The one in RI does have to uncrate the last 1000xt and build it for me so I can actually see/touch it . . . lol

dh

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I bought my bike from MTR in woonsocket and I have to say they are absolutely the worst dealership I've ever dealt with! Over the last couple years I've made acquaintances with some fellow riders who also had their own horror stories about MTR, be warned I had parts literally falling off my bike on the short ride home, I talked to one guy who's front axle worked it's way out 2" with only 175 miles on his bike, I don't like to bash a dealer but I'm concerned for your life, be warned!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, it turns out that they hadn't built the bike in time for my visit, do I went to Bettencourt's where they let me test drive a 2018 Wee, a 2018 Vee and an African Twin. It was a close thing between the Vee and the AT but I ended up with the Vee. Picking it up on Saturday. ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Forgot to mention -- don't listen to price quotes from know-it-alls that live 2000 miles away. Prices and deals are different depending on where you live. A new DL1000 for under $10000 maybe in southern CA but not very likely in NE. A new V 1000 in NE can be had for a little over $10K, an XT for a little over $11K.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought my bike from MTR in woonsocket and I have to say they are absolutely the worst dealership I've ever dealt with! Over the last couple years I've made acquaintances with some fellow riders who also had their own horror stories about MTR, be warned I had parts literally falling off my bike on the short ride home, I talked to one guy who's front axle worked it's way out 2" with only 175 miles on his bike, I don't like to bash a dealer but I'm concerned for your life, be warned!
I have a similar story about Motorsports Nation and a tw200 that I bought

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts