StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At steady 100kph/ 60mph what are the engine revs in top gear please?

I do like a relaxed ride and lower revs, if possible, on my longer interstate trips.

Has anyone here ridden a 1200cc BMW boxer twin recently (or better still - owned one) and if so, comparisons?

Thank you - hope to be seeing one in the flesh, then test-riding the new bike in the next cuppla days, rain permitting.

L of S

current ride 2013 BMW F800 GT

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry, hit enter too quick.
You can load the DL650/DL1000 gearing info, and also load the info from various other makes/models via the drop down menus. You can then compare RPM/Speed between models.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
At steady 100kph/ 60mph what are the engine revs in top gear please?

I do like a relaxed ride and lower revs, if possible, on my longer interstate trips.

Has anyone here ridden a 1200cc BMW boxer twin recently (or better still - owned one) and if so, comparisons?

Thank you - hope to be seeing one in the flesh, then test-riding the new bike in the next cuppla days, rain permitting.

L of S

current ride 2013 BMW F800 GT
G'day Lawrence of Suburbia

With my recent test ride I did some roll-on tests between the 1000 & 650. One test was from 100km/h in top gear.

In 6th at 100km/h the big twin is sitting at around 3700-3800rpm. It feels smooth and pulls well when the throttles is opened up.:thumbup:

Video:

Read my full review here: V-STROM 1000 2014 TEST RIDE – FIRST RIDE WITH ZEDEX9R ONBOARD | A Pair of Stroms

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
Lawrence, I gonna report you to the 800 site!
Do you have a pass to sneak away like this?
I put a 16 tooth on the front and my highway cruise is very relaxed with 70 being about 5K rpm. It makes the bike more civilized!
At your 100kph it would be more like 4K rpm.

Alan has me watching some of you guys....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lawrence, I gonna report you to the 800 site!
Do you have a pass to sneak away like this? Alan has me watching some of you guys....
Can't get away with anything these days! But - hoping to get across to the Suzuki dealer in the next day or two, may take a test ride. GT is fine, but I do miss the sheer effortlessness that comes with a bigger motor, all other things being equal. Please don't tell Alan!! Gotta go now to write my farewell speech...

L of S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts