StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The saga with the auto clock reset is a done deal finally. Thanks to GW. Ran through WV & back over the last 3 days to the tune of 1380 miles. Another small issue has reared it's head when I fixed the burnt wire in the harness.
The top bar does not display when the tank is filled. Otherwise the readings from the gauge are as normal. I just have to wait till I have gone about 140 miles for the 4 bar to remove itself. ??
Was the repair and this issue related ?

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Note the Wee runs like a champ at 54K. No oil usage at all running at 80 frpm LI NY to Staunton, VA doing 80 all the way before heading into the mountains & getting a beating all day. Great trip

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
No top bar has been reported by others. Chances are the sender needs adjustment or there is an electrical connection adding some resistance to the circuit.

· Registered
781 Posts
I found when i ran a second ground directly from the sender to the battery it fixed my vee.A very small change in resistance screws up the reading at the guage.
Steve

· Registered
557 Posts
On rare occasions I'll only get 4 bars as well. Sometimes no. 5 lasts for 10 miles and other times 60. Just use your trip-o-meter and go by mileage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.