StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all right i tried my way to get the spring on my center stand. i figured id tap all the knowledge on this site. theres got to be another way

·
Registered
1,852 Posts

otherwise, put on your saftey glasses,fold up the center stand and wire it in place, then use a screw driver and leverage it over the pin ising the pin as the lever. It will take more than one attempt. You'll buy one next time...trust me.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You can use a bit of poly cord wrapped between the spring and a spoke on the rear wheel. Roll the bike forward and the spring will pop onto the stud.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Put everything together to where the last things needed is to put center stand into place where the pivot bolts go on and install the spring. Get another hand if you can. Put the springs on without putting the center stand in the pivot mountings, then pull it in to place for the pivot bolts and slide the bolts into place. The center stand itself gives you enough leverage to do this. I did it by myself, but like I said, another hand is helpful. No spring pullers needed. It was an easy job.

·
Registered
370 Posts
For me it was a pair of flat nose adjustable pliers, and with the center stand tied into the up position, I grabbed the center spring and attached it. After that I then grabbed the outside spring and connected that.

This was a easiest and fastest part of the whole install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found it to be very easy using two people. I pulled each spring forward using a nylon cord, pulling from each side of the front wheel. My friend popped the springs on with a screwdriver. I installed the OEM stand.

DC

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hate that spring

I put everything together, wired the stand up. Then rode to Suzuki where they popped the spring on there for me, no charge. I tried different things and only frustrated myself. Since I bought it there, I figured they might do a quick job for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts