StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing a new Vstrom and I'm trying to judge what's the going rate for dealer tack ons. The dealer I'm working with right now is quoting $899 for freight, $299 for setup, and $299 for documentation, does that sound about right or am I getting ripped off? Just trying to see if he's trying to make some money back on the deal.
Thanks any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Of course he's trying to make money on the back end. Their job is suck out as much money out of your pocket as they can. Your job is to pay as little as possible. It's all negotiable. Tell them what you want to pay for the bike OTD. Out the door. If the OTD price is reasonable to you, that's what you pay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I figured that, just trying to see if he's bleeding me too bad. I have a good deal on the starting price just hoping to finish strong on the out the door. I haven't bought new in forever.

·
Registered
41 Posts
$899 for freight sounds high, most dealers I've checked (TX) when looking were asking $399 for the delivery. The two $299 are dealer's choice, it'll vary place to place. Agree with the OTD negociation, Keep looking around at different dealers, sometimes you can find a better deal. Example: my local multi-brand dealer has a bike I'm interested in, 2019 Kawasaki W800 Cafe. It's used with 55 miles and they're asking $8,999. Another dealer I found, 3 hours away, has the same bike, new, for $5,988.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kinda thought the 899 was high as well I just didn't know. The other two are neither here nor there but somewhat acceptable I guess. I figured freight was where he was trying to make some cash back.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Were is you location and what is he OTD price? We also have several dealers around that are no BS. The price is the price OTD. No negotiating just accept or not. Typically they beat everyone else by hundreds if not thousands because they move high volumes of units and don't waste time on back and forth negotiations.

On the surface the $899 + $299 $299 seems prohibitively expensive but if the dealer is discounting the bike to $6,000 or so + the extras it might not be so bad. That is why you need the OTD price as that is all the matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts