StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the Puppy Dog Ride from Greenfield MA to Quebec (or vice versa)? The idea of riding dirt roads from MA to Canada is really appealing, especially camping or moteling half way through the ride.

Here's the route:
Puppy Dog Ride - trip | EveryTrail

I'd love to do the ride unsupported and not part of the BMW Owners ride (though I'm sure they're a fun bunch). How long does it take? How are gnarly or tame are the dirt roads? What are the highlights? Any good detours? If we don't want to camp, are there any cheapo motels, etc.

It's winter and I'm dreaming, so any info would be appreciated.

pmk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Puppy Dog Route

You may or may not be aware but the Trans Mass Trail connects with the PDR which would allow you to extend the route to the Connecticut/Mass border. I have ridden the PDR's southern section from Greenfield to Brattleboro and it is beautiful first following the Green River and then in going through the small settlement of Green River Vermont which has a covered bridge and the need to stop for pictures and to soak up pure Vermont ambiance. You may also want to check the ADV website because I know there have been several postings on the PDR which could hold some additional information. I think Jamaica State Park and Silver Lake State Park are close to the Route for possible camping opportunities.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts