1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
249 Posts
I am on my second Puig touring screen. You used to be able to get them here in the U.S., but no one imports them today... they were only $80 when you could buy them here about 2 years ago (I have had my Suzuki dealer check all his sources and I've called all the U.S. importers found on the Puig website). The German ones have a higher cost plus the shipping, but I have contacted them and they will ship to the U.S. The dealer will reply in English.

I have had both a clear and light smoke colored Puig. The light smoke is just a shade dark for winter riding in my opinion (early morning and evening). I will likely buy another clear as I scratched up my first one (don't let your microfiber wipes anywhere near Scotchbrite pads... doh!!!). I like the shape better than any other screen, not too big, not funky shaped, but it works well to get the air up over your head. The Puig screen appears to be laser cut and of very good quality. I've had rocks hit at over 60 mph and only "chipped" the smoke colored coating. They come with the clip-on plastic welting to go around the parameter of the screen, but I don't use it and do not observe any flexing by not using the welt.

Hope this helps.
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts