StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 DL650 with a Givi skid plate. I am thinking of putting Puig Engine guards on and wonder if anyone has tried that combo? I am concerned the Puig guards may not fit with the Givi skid plate. I was advised to just go with the Givi engine guards by an online retailer but I have read many reviews about poor fitment and vibration issues with Givi guards.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have a 2015 DL650 with a Givi skid plate. I am thinking of putting Puig Engine guards on and wonder if anyone has tried that combo? I am concerned the Puig guards may not fit with the Givi skid plate. I was advised to just go with the Givi engine guards by an online retailer but I have read many reviews about poor fitment and vibration issues with Givi guards.

I have that set up and did have to notch the skid plate a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Givi engine guards on my 2015 650A. The installation was seamless. Leave all the attach points loose until everything is attached, then tighten. I used blue locktite(SP?) on all the bolts. I have put on 5000 miles since installation and no issues about re-tightening or vibrations, which I read about on this Forum. My Vee is used mainly for trips & not commuting.
I hope this helps with your decision..
Ride safe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts