Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was suggested in another thread that someone organize a ride. My input was for a ride around Mount Rainier on the 25th but it was mothers day weekend and I didn't want to hijack that thread so here we are with a new thread. I also have the 23rd and 24th off if those days would work better for others

Also open to other routes but was looking to keep it under about 300 miles. I've only got about 4500 miles worth of experience but like the curved roads and don't have any significant experience on gravel (Rob (Enumclaw)'s driveway is just about the longest gravel I have been on.

As far as the run around Mount Rainier, I have only seen one restaurant on the way out of Enumclaw on 410 and the train diner in Elbe. I am sure there is something in Morton, just haven't seen it

so.... "IN", input or ideas?

Ron

·
Registered
27 Posts
You could head over Cayuse and eat in Packwood. Cruizers Pizza is good and there is the Blue Spruce Saloon and Diner as well.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have the 23rd off if you'd like do a RAMROD (motorized version). Well, 'off' as in a 9am, 30 minute appointment, which would allow me to leave Seattle at 10am...

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Ride Around Mount Rainier in One Day... it's a bike race for the people that have pedals and my attempt at humor with the motorcycle flavor. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ride Around Mount Rainier in One Day... it's a bike race for the people that have pedals and my attempt at humor with the motorcycle flavor. :mrgreen:
Wow, that would be a heck of an undertaking on pedal power.

Well, I don't know if this current wetness will be gone by Thursday but tentatively We could meet at the Starbucks in Enumclaw say about 11:00 for a cup of coffee, head out 410 over Cayuse pass and do a midafternoon lunch in Packwood and part ways somewhere on the northwest side of Rainier... unless you want to go counter-clockwise.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two are in for Thursday

Yesler and myself.

Meet up at the Starbucks in Enumclaw at 11:00 a.m. this Thursday. If anyone else can/will make it, let us know to expect you.

The route is clockwise around Rainier (the mountain).

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
At this time I'm just a maybe. Hope to confirm in a couple days.

Don

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes! Bring it along.

Ron. I assume this is not a weather related ride. I'll be there.

Don
I'm hoping it doesn't rain though I've ridden to the train station in the rain the last two days just to aclimate to a rainy ride just in case but rain in the mountains probably isn't the same as rain in the lowlands.

Looks like you beat me to the cache... I thought about it too long.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts