StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys/gals, just picked up my new 650XT today, traded my Goldwing so is quite a change of riding style.

have only had a chance for a short run today but so far i'm really enjoying it, I intend to do some k's over the weekend once I fit a few farkles.

if there are any Strom riders on northside of Brisbane wanting to join me in running in my new steed please do so.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great looking with those spoked wheels.
yeah I gotta say it was the spoke wheels that caught my eye first.

I see you're from Golden Guitar country, I have a good mate up that way that i've known from my FJR1300 days, I hope to be catching up with him over the next mth or so to show off my new toy:cheers2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, it looks good and will be quite a change from the goldwing. Glad to hear you got the Lams thing sorted out.
Enjoy the weekend, looks like it should be a good one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats on the new XT, great colour choice! I am northside of Brisbane (Narangba) but as only newly licensed still easing into the rides.

Cheers,
Karl

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll ride with you tomorrow Daggy ... just gimme time to ride there ... small matter of crossing the pond!
I'll meet ya halfway???:thumbup:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Impeccable taste my good chap.

Heres mine

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Impeccable taste my good chap.

Heres mine
noice! my adventure pack accessories hadn't arrived when I took delivery so they will be fitted on the 1st service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For a moment I thought they were offering the XT version without the Adventure pack in Australia. Looking good, though. Different color choices than here in the US. We can have any color we like as long as it's grey. Not complaining, though - looks great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice bike - the spokes caught my eye as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Will be heading to BC next month to see my son.
Should be a good test for the 2013 DL 650 I just picked up today.
Hope it has stopped raining by then. LOL.
Ride safe.
Well the most joyful part might be getting through the Rockies ... the only reliable(ish) "not having snow month" in Banff is July. The wee will get a nice break-in; you might wanna bring electric gear! :yesnod:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, I am also in Brisbane (southside but sometimes I am in Redcliffe)
I have a 2012 I bought a few months ago, came with givi engine bars, barkbusters, side stand exender. windscreen extender.

I have added givi bash plate, heated grips, peg lowering kit with shift lever extended.

I can often do a weekend ride, or sometimes weekdays. Happy to do bitumen, dirt, but not too technical ( I am on old bugger)

Ian Wharton
2012 weestrom
1992 KLR 650 Tengai (Just sold)
1986 Suzuki DR600 (sold)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hi Ian, unfortunately I got hit by a car on Monday so I won't be riding for a while, going to see the bike today to check the damage.

I've met a few other Strom riders thru another riding group that I've done a few rides with, they would be up for a weekend ride I'm sure. we're all the wrong side of 50 so careful with the old buggers comments haha.

if you're on Facebook PM me & I can put you in touch with a few guys for a ride.

Cheers Daggy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts