StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 Wee has the early model SW Motech engine guards and Buehl turn signals, and I carry a spare clutch lever. I'm wondering what else would be prudent to add before a long trip to keep from getting stranded if I should go down. I'm thinking frame sliders (does anyone recommend a particular brand) folding rear brake lever and shift lever if there are such things, and a spare front brake lever.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well Check it out, another Sarasota Trooper! We need to do a meet and greet in Sarasota.

As far as your question goes. I don't think you can run frame sliders and crash bars, but I could be wrong. The reason I say this is I saw a for sale ad for some sliders and the owner said he was selling because he got crash bars.

If you are going to travel from Sarasota soon, maybe we should talk ...... I could go too .....

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Blair at SVRacingparts.com has sliders that work with the old SW-Motech crash guards. I use them and like the added protection the low guards can use and I'll occasionally put my feet on the sliders on long trips.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Check it out, another Sarasota Trooper! We need to do a meet and greet in Sarasota.

As far as your question goes. I don't think you can run frame sliders and crash bars, but I could be wrong. The reason I say this is I saw a for sale ad for some sliders and the owner said he was selling because he got crash bars.

If you are going to travel from Sarasota soon, maybe we should talk ...... I could go too .....
Good to make your acquaintance. I don't ride in Florida in the summer, but I'm thinking about making a dash to north Georgia or North Carolina in the next few weeks if it cools off for a few days, long enough to get through Hotlanta into the mountains. I had firm plans to go three times last summer and all three times had to cancel, so I don't say much about it anymore on this board because it looks like I'm always crying wolf. If I go it will be on short notice. PM me and let's stay in touch.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Carrying a spare clutch lever is smart, a lot of guys overlook that. I carry one, too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts