StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to move the Wee out of the garage.

I have a gate on one side of the house with an area just inside the gate that has pavers with a rain gutter above, it is the perefect place, besides inside the house..

That side faces afternoon Florida sun. I don't like bike covers, thinking more of an inexpensive self built lean-to. Any ideas??? or kits out there

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
First of all, I can't believe the Strom is losing out on garage space. :biggrinjester:
Having said that, IMO you have 3 choices....

100 bucks will get you one of these...

A few hundred will get this....

Several hundred for a 6x8, 8x8, 8x10 shed....

If it were me with your yard, I'd put down more patio stones for a flat solid surface and put a plastic 8x10 shed as seen in the pic above. You'll have nice dry storage, can walk around the bike and work on it.

Ken

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Man, moving it out of the garage would stink. I won't even put mine in our barn. Hell, I think I would sooner bring it inside then park it in the backyard under a tarp. But I guess you gotta play the hand your dealt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm a great believer in the bike barn. I've used one for my DL650 for a year. It successfully survived a Canadian winter and is still in great shape. I have the tourer model.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
I'm a great believer in the bike barn. I've used one for my DL650 for a year. It successfully survived a Canadian winter and is still in great shape. I have the tourer model.
I have a similar shelter called the "Cycle Shelter". It withstood its third winter with plenty of ice and one early summer even withstood 80 (!) mph straight-line winds. These winds toppled large trees all around my area.

I do trudge out to remove snowfall as it will turn to ice overnight and possibly overwhelm the structure.

I plan to replace this with something more substantial like an actual garage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts