StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just received my Protaper SE ATV Hi bars.Whilst I haven't fitted them yet, I thought they would be taller than they are. They don't look to be any taller than the factory bars.

I'm 6'2" and want to be able to stand up when off road without having too much weight from leaning forward.

With the Scott's Damper on, I can't put raisers on.

Has anyone got any tips on having the bars "taller"?
Am I wrong, are the Protapers the right thing?

Thanx
Paul

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
With the Scott's Damper on, I can't put raisers on.
Would the damper work with risers if you had a longer shaft made for it by a local machinist?

I thought I badly needed a damper, but correctly tightening the steering stem bearings made a big difference in the bike's stability. Roller bearings are on the to-do list. There are some riding conditions where the damper is very useful, tho.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It is possible to put risers on with the Scotts Stabilizer. I just installed mine 2 weeks ago. I had the 2"Rox risers already on so I added the 1'spacers. Rox also has a 3 1/2" riser available but it might cause problems with the cables.
I got this idea from the VSRI site.You will need a longer brake line and take the wires on each side out of the holders at the triple tree. 3 inches may sound like a lot but I like it. I have put about 3000kms since this configuration and it works for me.The nice thing about the Rox risers is that you can pivot them back and forth until you find the sweet spot. This is the link to the VSRI thread Clearing Scott's damper with Rox risers on 2006 1000
He installed on a Vee and I installed on a Wee. Here are some pictures of my install:

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just put them on my bike. I two inches shorter than you. I'm more comfortable standing on bike now than before.

As far as making them taller....my setup wouldn't allow for it. There just wasn't enough line play to take it any taller on my bike anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts