StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so dont get them, just mounted mine up (that i had to special order so i can't return it) and the rise/width are almost identical to stock but with a good bit less sweep

first problem, and i should have stopped right here, with throttle and switch block assembly in place, the brake/mirror mount went onto the bend some making them not exactly mountable, did some bit of grinding on the mounts with my dremel to get them snugged up....

bar ends obviously don't fit so i come inside to investigate threads i'd seen before about replacing the guts with fuel line to make it work and i notice that every single pic i see of bars shows a good 1/2" gap between the mirror mount and the switch block on the bars and i have a vague recollection of mine being like that prior to disassembly, well, obviously with the mirror/brake mounted right up against the switch block the handgaurds wont mount up that way...:headbang:

apparently the lower section of these bars are quite wide, making the control/grip area too small for our configurations:thumbdown:

looking at the raptor and atv's are all too tall, already have rox and don't want to have wasted even more money by not being able to use them...

i'm obviously extremely frustrated right now...

advice?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, and despite the pictures in various catalogs, the blue color of the bars is lighter in real life....(and not a match for the blue of the bike)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I mounted the Pro Taper ATV Mids on my Vee and am very happy with them. Used a dremel to grind down the bar-end rubber and washer parts to a smaller diameter, just went slow and trimmed bit by bit until they slid in.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
talked to a guy at protaper and he said closest i could get to the cr high in dimensions but with longer control(flat) section is the yz high or trials lo
guess i''ll be goin to the shop to see what those will cost me...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Av8or,

Are you using the standard 7/8" ProTapers, or the Contour bars that are 7/8" at the controls and 1.5" and the center?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
standard SE (7/8s)

i measured the marks on the stock bars and from the tip of the bar itself, to the inside edge of mirror/brake mount is 220mm, the widest control/flat area in any of the SE series is 199mm

but, i've had an epiphany, i can use the bars as is, i just need to add a .5x7/8 spacer/bushing on each bar end weight between the bar and and the handguard mount/weight assembly brings both into the right position with the way everything is mounted up on the bars now

so now i just need to find someone/place that can machine me 2 .5" thick by 20mm wide with a 13mmx3mm offset and 6mm hole pieces of either aluminum or nylon and i should be good to go along with changing the guts of the barends for the narrower ID (fuel line nylon spacer new nut method i think)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts