StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the V-strom as a replacement for my current bike, a Kawi ZRX 1100. I'm hooked on the sound and power of a twin, and have been looking for a way to get back on a 90degree V since I got rid of my '99 Honda SuperHawk a couple of years ago. I'm only about 5'7", with pretty short arms and legs, so a stretched- out bike like a SH or Aprilia Falco is just brutal for me, especially riding around in traffic. My absolute ideal bike would be a superhawk with a 5-gallon gas tank, and about 1.5" closer bars. A Ducati ST4S fits my ideal bike description pretty well, but I haven't robbed a bank lately, and I want a low-maintenance, reliable bike. I thought about a TL1000s streetfighter, but I like to put in 2000mile trips now and then. What do you think, stommers: is there a way to make a V-strom work for a stubby guy like me? Do you think 110 rear wheel horsepower is possible without internal engine mods? (By the way, if you're going to suggest the SV1000, don't bother. I can't stand the way they look, no matter how hard I try, and the 'S' model has a worse riding position than my SuperHawk.
Thanks,
Lee

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Lee

Find a dealer that will let you demo one. I'm looking a the V-Strom as well, after nearly buying a VFR. On the 04 model you can get a seat option which lowers the seat by 20mm. Both my buds are about your size and they ridden BMW GS and had no problem.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lower seat, drop the fron forks a bit, it could work...

·
Registered
63 Posts
ZRX Owner

Howdy Lee. I have a ZRX 1100 and own a Wee Strom. Just bought the Wee and have about two hundred miles on it. I am assuming you are interested in the 1000 V-Strom. I haven't ridden the full size Strom, but the Wee can't compare to the ZRX in straight line punch. You will probably give up a little punch in the quarter as well as top end even with the 1000. Having said that, I don't think you would regret getting a Strom. Twin cylinder torque is awesome. I['m tempted by the SV-1000, even tho I agree it is kind of ugly compared to the SuperHawk, but performance numbers say its faster, blah, blah. I don't think I'm good enough to notice .2 of a second or 10 mph top end and I don't think the difference is even that great. What year is you ZRX, color etc. If it is for sale I might be interested. C U on the road. rick, the RydinFool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts