StromTrooper banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm no expert- but here's my opinion. If you are going off road- I would go the pelican/Jessie type bags they look like they could survive WW3! If you are going to stay on the street (like me) Givi's are fine, reasonable priced, quality bags. I wouldn't say my E36's are all that stylish, but they are pratical! If you hit one with your shoe--who cares! The only downside to the all aluminim bags is they may oxidize turning things inside black, rino liner would take care of that. It all boils down to what you want to do. BB

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I'm no expert- but here's my opinion. If you are going off road- I would go the pelican/Jessie type bags they look like they could survive WW3! If you are going to stay on the street (like me) Givi's are fine, reasonable priced, quality bags. I wouldn't say me E36's are all that stylish, but they are pratical! If you hit one with your shoe--who cares! The only downside to the all aluminim bags is they may oxidize turning things inside black, rino liner would take care of that. It all boils down to what you want to do. BB
The Lesses come standard powder-coated, inside and out. Some cheaper bags are painted. The $300 Studebaker bags are not coated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Happy Trails

Look at Happy Trails. Pricey, but worth it and so much room for stickers!

I got the 58L top box and side cases and can not notice any difference in gas milage. Just got back from a Grand Canyon, Sedona and 4-Corners tirp and EVERY tank was 50+.

I love it.:p

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
the only advantage I would give to Givi if style is no concern, is maybe they will have enuf better aerodynamics that you might notice a slight difference in fuel economy on the highway
I've got the Caribou's.

I haven't ridden with GIVI's but the Caribous are just as aerodynamic as they look. You definately know they're on the when they are on. There's a noticable (strictly anecdotal, no empirical data has been collected) decrease in acceleration at speeds above 60 MPH whether they are full or not.

They are durable, mine have beed abused repeatedly. I hate those damn gas pump station bollards.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
click my phots link ... love the Gobis ... pretty much bomb proof. Have had Givi's ... decent bags but not Gobi's or Pelicans in toughness. The answer is in more what type or riding your gonna do. I beat on my Strom ... and she loves it :mod2_gunsmilie:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts