StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
butt I was surprised today.. headed out to a lil restaurant in the boonies.. my buddy was onboard my STROM... she is sporting staintunes and up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket. I was on my 1980 Zuke GS1100 with a kerker exhaust.. we did a rollon from 15 mph to 100 mph.. DEADASS EVEN.. he would pull me about half a bike then he had to shift sooner than me.. as soon as he shifted I would pull him as I was in higher revs which is just where the GS likes to pull hardest, then I would shift and he would pull me. wel you get the point.. when all was said and done.. up to 100 it was a draw.. I do believe the GS would prolly win a top end race but at 60 I am done w that $hit.. last time i did that I blew a rear tire at around 120.. NEVER AGAIN

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The bummer is

I was under the impression if I ran up aginst somebody who dusted me on my STROM I could always go home and get BIG BROTHER.. not the case.. might have to look at a used new Vmax

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well, considering that these aren't exactly race bikes it seems a bit less than interesting.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
There's gotta be something wrong with your GS...

Admittedly, my memory could be a bit fuzzy and most of my old zookis were rather heavily modded, but my 82 gs1100e was stock, and I seem to remember it getting away from my friend's vee in pretty much any gear at any speed; as a matter of fact, so could my (slightly less than stock) gs750.

I'd suspect a poorly set up carb on your gs; I hope you're using the stock airbox (the only filter pods that work with the gs's stock carbs are the K&N duals, which are sadly discontinued).

A good update to the stockers on the gs is the 36mm slingshots from the gsxr750; just adjust he float height and rejet.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well, considering that these aren't exactly race bikes it seems a bit less than interesting.
It's all a matter of application. We used to race backhoes on the farm...and it's ALWAYS interesting to the participants. :yesnod:

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's all a matter of application. We used to race backhoes on the farm...and it's ALWAYS interesting to the participants. :yesnod:
Very good point. Kind of like using a spoon where a hammer is required though. :headbang:

But, it would be interesting if everyone used a spoon to frame a house. :hurray:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very good point. Kind of like using a spoon where a hammer is required though. :headbang:

But, it would be interesting if everyone used a spoon to frame a house. :hurray:
so i guess yer saying ..if it aint a funny car or a dragster on nitro methane.. yer 800+hp. drag car aint $hit

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's just something interesting to do eh! And good fun. :thumbup:

·
Registered
294 Posts
It's just something interesting to do eh! And good fun. :thumbup:
Exactly, they were both there and had the opportunity to compare the bikes, why not?

It's not scientific, but who cares, it was fun for them and rather interesting for me to read about. What else is needed? Of course YMMV........

I wouldn't mind one of those old Suzuki GS1100 sitting in my garage. I always wanted a GS850G.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I got a hopped up one of these sitting in the garage, keeps a lot of them, I got a fast bike people at bay,,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts