StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my e-mail back and they (Progressive) are working on a remote preload adjuster as we speak. They didn't say how much extra it will cost, but I figure it will be way cheaper than some other options. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
184 Posts
I may have missed something from another thread, but do you already have the Progressive 465 and installed? If so, what are your impressions?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at rear shocks, even more now that I put Sonic springs in my forks. The main drawback with the Progressive shocks is no remote preload adjuster. You can adjust the preload-with a wrench, not easy to do quick. A lot on here have asked and posted about these shocks, and I sent a e-mail yesterday,the manager replied they are now working on that option. When it will be available is anyone's guess, let's hope soon, I want a better rear shock! I had a set on my VTX and they were great! Cheers--BB

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks for the update. I have been hearing about these and was looking for reviews. I can wait then for the new pre-load option.

·
Registered
72 Posts
465 is GREAT

Have had my new 465 shock for a few thousand K and love it. Sure you need a spanner to adjust preload, but I got it dialed in just right the first time. Way better than stock, and a deal by comparison to some of the others...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Erik, did it come with a spanner wrench? I found some (465 shocks) for less than $400, figured I could sell my old one on E-Bay for around $200-it's only six months old. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry for the use of the word "spanner wrench", totally incorrect. What I meant to say was "custom shock wrench thingy"

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You didn't use anything wrong? But I assume it did come with a wrench to adjust the shock- now, is it better? How much do you weigh? I'm at 255 LBS and wondered if this shock would be better, thanks for any info! Cheers--BB

·
Registered
72 Posts
It is of interest to note that the 465 replacement for both Wee & Vee are the same shock, there is no difference. A 1" lowered shock is available too. Most (90%) of my riding is two up with my wife and luggage, for a combined weight of 320 - 360lbs. I was always bottoming out on rough roads, and front fork dive was terrible under hard breaking. The new shock is just so much plusher, yet firmer too. We ride with another couple who have a Vee, and switch bikes from time to time, anyone who has done this knows how much richer, and taut the Vee suspension feels in comparison to the Wee, you right away can tell Suzuki has invested more bucks into it by the way it soaks up bumps and pot holes in the road. Now, with my new suspension, by comparison, my Wee feels like the Vee, and his Vee feels lacking. I know a lot of guys want to be able to continually adjust the settings, but many don't, myself included, so this works for me. This shock is a great upgrade, price wise too. Yes the wrench is included.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I too am awaiting the availability of the 465 with remote preload adjustment. I do a fair amount of riding with a bare bike and with various loads up to and including "very" loaded, hence the need for the remote.

Does anyone know what the spring rate is on the 465?

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Progressive Suspension Spring Rate

Does anyone know what the spring rate is on the 465?
According to their spec sheet, the spring on the 465-5007 shock (Wee and Vee) is 'variable' since it is not a single rate spring. It starts off as 9.11 kg/mm (510 lb/in) and maxes out at 11.16 kg/mm (625 lb/in.)

To put that into perspective, the Wee shock is a straight rate spring of 8.2 kg/mm (per Race Techs excellent website). So the Progressive Suspension shock is 'stiffer' than OEM even at its 'starting' rate, which is a good thing as the stock spring is way too soft for me.
Hope that helps.
Michael in Aurora, CO ('04 DL650)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts