Strom Trooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Suzuki
My friends and I strongly propose that you product managers advocate for the long-distance rider who loves V-Strom. We would pay good upgrade dollars for an optional, bolt-on full fairing, similar to that found on Honda ST1300 or the venerable BMW RT series. Such a fairing would give good "all roads all weather" protection for legs, hands, and of course an improved wind-shed factor.

The issue with both stock screens and aftermarket has to do with the size of the front of the fairing. its simply too much a sportbike: ok for short distance darting about, but inadequate for serious environmental protection.

perhaps you could provoke Targa into doing one for the aftermarket?

Sincerely
Zapp and friends [thousands of them]

J

·
0 Posts
No way dude, if you want a barcalounger on wheels, get one. :roll: I'd like to take all of the existing fairing stuff off and make it more dirt worthy.
So count me out of your [thousands of them]

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JKAM I HAVE A WORD FOR YOU

JKAM
Me thinks you need to stop kiddin' around and get yourself an XR650R, slap a Baja kit on it, uncork it, and do some serious dirt riding. you ain't going to turn the DL into one of those. [I know .... this one I know]

Zapp

p.s. and, no, the XR has more HP, more torque, and higher top end speed..... properly setup. [but you gotta shut it down when sitting still: she's not happy with that.]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Amen, brother. I bought the 'Strom due to its standard seating and leg room. There is a market for an add on fairing and touring windshield (I miss the Concours' protection).

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think taking the strom engine and what ever else is needed from the DL's and designing a true touring bike with excellent full fairing features would be a hit. All the positives of the Strom but molded into a touring package with factory (easily detachable) luggage on the rear. This would be an awesome and much needed injection in the oversized and overpriced fully dressed bike segment. This new Susuki bike would be alot lighter, a lot cheaper, and a lot more fun to ride. Well.........what do you think?

·
Super Moderator
16,718 Posts
All that Suzuki cares about..... is super sports, atv's and dirt bikes! :roll: They don't listen to the public.... all they care about, is winning races and titles. Some ULTRA long distance and sport touring bikes, would sell...... if they would simply build them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
WOULD LIKE TO SEE COLORS AND OPTIONS FOR THE NEW YEAR BIKES ,BEFORE SUMMER, THIS WOULD GREATLY HELP IN SELECTION OF A NEW BIKE AND ALL THE GOODIES TO GO WITH IT. :lol: :lol: :lol: /// CMS

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
The "Adventour" package

I'd like to see an option package made expressly for the bike - the Adventour package; Ideally it would contain:

Skid plate, engine guards, rad guard, hand guards , matched saddle bags/ tail bag, ctr stand, and 1 or two 12 v accessory outlets in the cowling and a tall, adjustable windshiled

I'd also like to see, as a spearate option - color matched lowers.

Like one other comment - there is a lack of these kind of equipped rides unless one spends 20 grand or rmore up here in the great white north. What ever happened to a mid size reliable bike , purpose built and capable of the long haul.?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts