StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the details on how to flush and refill the brake fluid when 2 calipers exist
in the system. Special tools involved ? Specifically the 2017 DL 650.

I have a pressure bleeder but not sure how to hook it up on a 2 caliper set up.

Any help would be great. jake

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Have you had a look at any of the videos: How To Replace Your Motorcycle Front Brake Fluid | DL650 Vstrom L0 | Dr Vstrom Brake Series or V-Strom brake fluid change. Easy! or How To Bleed Your Motorcycle Brakes | Dr Vstrom Brake Series?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not. But thanks for the tip Gert. I will check it out .

·
Registered
238 Posts
You said pressure bleeder - as in this forces new fluid back up the system from the caliper to the master cylinder? You would suction out the old brake fluid from the master cylinder or at least some of it (with a pressure system). Attach the bleeder to the brake caliper farthest from the master cylinder so new fluid forced into the system thru the bleed nipple will flow up the hose to the other caliper then up to the master cylinder.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Look up reverse bleeding on youtube there are lots of videos. You'll need a big syringe (available at any farm and fleet store or online) and a section of 5/16 ID poly hose (available at any home center)

When bleeding brakes always start with the caliper farthest away from the master cylinder. On motorcycles this is typically the front left then move to the front right.

Inexpensive Prestone brake fluid ($3.50 for a 12 ounce bottle) from Walmart in the right DOT is all you need. Just because its inexpensive doesn't mean its not good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts