StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have just pulled down my rear end and am trying to fit the bottom link in. The problem I am having is fitting to two thin washers back in between the frame and the link (CUSHION LEVER) It is way to tight to fit it all by about 20 thou. I have tried everything- with the best getting them in but so tight I cant move it about to align the hole even with a soft mallet.

Any one had this difficulty or suggestions???????

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I have had mine off and reinstalled with no difficulty. Have you perhaps mixed up some of the bearings and/or spacers?

Not sure if thats even possible, as the bearing and spacer that goes in the link to the frame uses a 12mm bolt and the remainer are 10mm I believe.

Have a look at this parts breakdown and maybe it will be of some assistance:

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm...TROM/GroupID/362649/Group/REAR_CUSHION_LEVER_

Oh, and its a good idea to put your year and model of Strom in your signature, just so members know what bike you refer to.

Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip. Mine is a 06 650. The parts are correct as per your link. The only difference is that I have put on a centre stand. Not sure if it is possible that this has some how pinched the lower frame mounts a bit- wouldnt think that is possible. At first I thought the washers came from the outside mounted on the head of the bolts but the manual shows that they go between the inner race and the frame

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still having problems

Hi again. I have trippled checked everything still cannot get the chusion arm into the frame with the two washers. I have measured it all up and have the right parts. Some how the frame gap has closed. Maybe where I bolted the centre stand on. The frame gap measures 33.3mm and the washers and spacer measure 34.2mm. Has anyone had this issue. One way I thought of trying to open the gap is to put a large bolt and nut into the gap and opening it up. Mind you this looks difficult and somthing I am not keen to do. Loosing my hair- simple maintenance job which has become hard arrrrrrhhh.
Hopeing anyone has advice

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
hmmm...sounds odd alrighty. When you removed the parts, did it come apart with difficulty?

I guess it might be possible for the centre stand to have had some effect. Thats a pretty beefy chunk of metal where the link connects to the frame. Have you tried loosening the bolts on the centre stand?

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fixed

I ended up using a purlin bolt and cut it just to fit. I then undid it in place and it worked a treat no problems. First manjor service after we did 3600kms riding 60% tar and the rest dirt and sand. Thanks for the advice

1 - 6 of 6 Posts