StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode from Seattle, WA to Austin, Texas with no problems, but when I got hit by a downpour outside of Austin, the unit started malfunctioning. At first I couldn't turn off the power to the unit, though it wasn't engaged, thank heavens. Pressing set would have no affect. Today, I can turn the unit on and off, but when I press set the unit causes the bike to continually accelerate until I pull in the clutch. I'm thinking some water is causing a short somewhere but I have no clue where to start looking, if it's even something I could see. I had my mechanic install the single relay, however, it still revs sometimes when I pull in the clutch. This started happening before the rain hit. Two recommendations I've received are just letting it dry out more and then tape up all the connections real well and spraying the connections with WD-40 to disperse any water. Do you have any other ideas, such as which colored wires could be causing these malfunctions? I don't have the instructions with me, so I can't look up which wires do what. I'd appreciate any suggestions you can make. I'd love to have the unit working for my next jaunt out to Atlanta. Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any ideas. Thanks much, Daniel

1 - 1 of 1 Posts