Strom Trooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and glad to see you all here.

My first post and first vstrom. I had problem with starting. Bike was cranking fine (no battery problem) but it wont start for a while...gave it full thorrtle and it starts. After 60 miles/100km no problem with starting. Can you help me, is there something going on?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Welcome!

You did not provide any details needed to give you sound advice.

But my first inkling ist that in fact your battery is not good. The fact that it cranks is not the same as a sound battery. My 04 WEE had the same issues and a new battery cured it. But I knew my battery was real old. Check battery voltage and make sure you have good tight and clean contacts, also on both ends of the ground cable.

And fill in your profile info, where you are, mileage etc. ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. Filled my profile now.

Can you tell where is "neutral" point in DL650? for cleaning. I think battery is couple years old but it's cranking fine.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
… Can you tell where is "neutral" point in DL650? for cleaning. I think battery is couple years old but it's cranking fine.
1: Ground cable. Just look at where the big black cable goes from the battery. Both ends need to be clean with good contact

2: Battery: Get a V meter and report voltage when everything is turned off, then when the ignition is on, then how low it dips when you crank the starter and then the idle voltage (1200+1300 rpm) and voltage at 3000-4000 rpm.

Alternatively take the battery to an automotive parts shop and have them do a load test to verify if its good or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts