StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem arises from the fact that I also have a large JC Whitney top box.

Plano 1812-50's open from the end, not the side. The SW Motech Quick Lock racks for the DL650 mount closer on the left side than they do on the right(exhaust side). So, unless I can find something to act as a spacer to mount between the box and the storage rack, I will be unable to open the left side Plano box because the lid will hit the bottom of the large JC Whitney top box. From eyeballing it, I'd say I need to get the box out about 1.5 " more to the side.

I think I need something here wide enough so that pressure will not be so concentrated in the area of attachment. I've looked at the hardware stores, but so far have not found nylon spacers big enough. I might have to go to a metal supplier like Henrythe8th did and get some square aluminum tubing, hopefully available in 1.5". However, before I do that, I thought I might ask here for any inexpensive solutions to the problem.

Please no one say a 1.5" stack of washers.

·
Registered
386 Posts
LOWE's hardware section in my town has a wide selection of metal spacers, some quite long. Pair it up with some angle iron or some lightweight aluminum and I think you'd be in business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts