StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I got these beautiful Storm guards from Barkbusters a couple of days ago and tried installing them without success. I searched and everyone seems to have fitment issues... I have a different one - although the box and internet says i have the correct goodies, the main bolt that goes into the handlebar seems to be wrong.

I got two bolts with the BHG46.2-NP kit, one is 75mm and the other one is 45mm. According to the instructions, the 75mm one is for VStrom, while the 45mm is for other bikes. However, the bolt that I got seems to be too big of a diameter and does not want to screw into my handlebar.

Here is the comparo between the 45mm (not for Vstrom), 75mm (supposedly the right one), and the bolt which came with my bike:

Here is the comparison of the Barkbusters assembly (the little piece on the left goes on the left assembly) and the stock assembly on the right. Note how much shorter the new bolt is.

Do I have wrong hardware or am I misunderstanding something here? I would appreciate any help :)

Thanks,
Vlad

P.S. Here is the product number... Could it be that 2004 Wee has a different handlebar hardware than the 2012??

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don't know about the wee, but I ditched the bar end weights when I installed mine.

Would that solve your issue?

The black things are spacers that came with the BB kit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it won't help as the new bolt cannot even screw into the handlebar. It is too fat. I have both diameter and length issue.

I have been playing with using the stock bolt... interesting. It looks like I may get away with using the stock bolt if I use BB end weight, BB spacer, and then stock sleeves... Not sure if it is a good idea though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts