StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turned my Wee-Strom off this morning all four indicators turned on, not flashing but a steady light. I have tried everything to turn them off, tried every switch but nothing works. As soon as I put the key back in and turn the ignition on the lights go off. I have had to disconnect the battery to stop it going flat while I'm not using it.

Anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Was the key in the "off" position, or did you turn it past the headlock to the "parking" position that leaves the parking lights on? (why do they even have that setting?)

My answer is assuming the keylocks in Europe are the same as the US version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As soon as I switch it to the off position the indicators turn on and stay on even when I turn the key to the fork lock position and remove it. The don't turn off until I have turned the ignition on again.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hmmmmm my only guess then would be something wrong with the lock causing it to operate as if it were in the "P" position when it's really not. Can't imagine what else would cause this problem.

Sorry, wish I could be more help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The back light doesn't come on, its only the indicators (unlike the P position). Could it be a problem with the flasher unit? You can have the hazard lights on when the key is removed (so long as the hazards were turned on before the key was pulled out) so could a short circuit there cause the problem?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Do the indicators flash properly when the bike is "on"? If so, I'd think the problem would not be with the flasher unit(s).

You've gone beyond what I could help you with. I can't imagine what would cause this problem.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
With electrical oddities like that, the usual culprit is a ground wire that isn't grounded. The electrons find ground however they can, through light filaments often being the case.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
When I turned my Wee-Strom off this morning all four indicators turned on, not flashing but a steady light. I have tried everything to turn them off, tried every switch but nothing works. As soon as I put the key back in and turn the ignition on the lights go off. I have had to disconnect the battery to stop it going flat while I'm not using it.

Anyone know what could be wrong?
2 possibilities:
You have a ground wire for them that's shorting out somewhere...
You have a ground wire somewhere that's come off and your turn signal circuit is grounding through something else that's not switched.

In either case, start tracing.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Ignition switch?????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So when I reconnected the battery (after all the reserves had run out and the clock had died) the problem had solved itself. Could the bikes computer cause this sort or problem?

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
So when I reconnected the battery (after all the reserves had run out and the clock had died) the problem had solved itself. Could the bikes computer cause this sort or problem?
only if the turn signals are wired (and shorting) through it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts