1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I saw the tricked out lowered hi performance sidecar:
http://www.stromtrooper.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1028

It got me thinking - is there such a thing as a removable sidecar? Something that I could mount to take out the family (me, wife plus 5yr old) and then take off afterwards?

Or does a sidecar necessitate such outrageous modifications as shown in the other post?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No, outrageous modifications are not necessary to have a side car mounted to your bike. However, it does take time and effort to get the set up correct. The outfit that you saw on this site will handle extremely well with very little steering effort. Adding a sidecar to a standard bike will make the steering effort much higher.

I doubt that there are sidecar mounts available to attach a car to the Vstrom as the frame configuration won't readily adapt.

There are some inexpensive side cars around. Do some research on the net and study up on the subject.

Suffice it to say that a sidecar outfit is a completely different animal than a two wheel bike.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sidecar

I highly recommend a sidecar, expecially with a kid. I have rode hacks since I was 14 and think they are a blast. I now have 3 kids and they love to go for a ride in it. Cool photo on a vstrom. A sidecar does take time to take on and off, you will probably find you need two bikes one with a hack and one without. I have a 74 900 kaw with a american flier or american eagle??? sidecar, I also have a terreplane sidecare waiting to be hooked up to something???
Good Luck
Ty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts