StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I just swapped the stock bars today with some Pro Taper ATV Hi bars and have a question. Did anybody have an issue with the throttle cables catching on the frame when making a a hard right after the install? I tried a couple different routing ideas and finally took off the bottom holding bracket all together. I also had to take the dremel to the tabs on the throttle and left control housings while wrapping some electrical tape around the bars so they wouldnt slide. I always wondered what people were talking about there, but now I know. Anyways, what should have been about a 30 minute job, took about 2 hours. I swear i'm about done with trying to upgrade this bike anymore. I struggle for some reason.

·
0 Posts
The throttle cable bracket...I removed it too...it's fine. I also "rotated" the throttle cable assembly to give me as much slack as possible during that full right lock turn...and I've not had any problems in 10K miles since...so don't worry.

Dremel to the Throttle...you mean the ridges on the throttle tube? I assume you changed grips. Yep...did that too...no worries. And as far as the control housing...I know it's too late now...but if you'd have left just a LITTLE of that nub...no tape would have been necessary...as a little nub creates just enough pressure so it won't move when tightened.

Don't get discouraged....just ask if you have any doubts. Most everything you can do to this bike has been done before...and a few questions here and there can really help.

Farkle away!!!

BTD.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The throttle cable issues dont seem to be an issue now. The nubs are what I took off with the dremel (both sides) and the throttle grip tube as the grips had to be switched of course. Actually, I love the bars compared to the stockers, but now I have an issue with the left aftermarket barend as it just wont hold inside the bar (no problem with the right side ironically) so I think i'm just going to throw on a set of barkbusters I took off my YZ instead of the oem deals. I'll lose the wind protection, but at least I wont lose a lever. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts