StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
17,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals, I think that after reading all the great info on bars, that I am going with the Protapers. Now......my only roadblock is which one to get!!!
I have seen people installing the SE ATV mid bend AND high bend, as well as the SE Raptor bars. I guess that my arms are pretty much normal in length, and I feel that anything is gonna be better than stock. I have a Givi windscreen, and my handguards "barley" hit at complete full lock with the OEM bars. I am looking at which of these bars that I listed, would cause the least amount of mods/problems and might be the best all around fit and direct bolt on. Sounds like they are all pretty close to fit and function......but which is "ideal"? Thanks for any and all responses!

BB

·
Registered
537 Posts
dude i feel the same way and don't even have a vee or a wee yet. i was thinking of going with the pro taper contour atv mid or the henry/reed bend. they are lower, but when you add the blocks underneath since they are 1 1/8 dia bars you get close to the atv high height. otherwise i'd go with the atv high SE bars. I have the pro taper EVO bars on my yamaha wr250 and they are very strong.

i'm loading up on most of my farkles before the bike comes in for 08 so i can get to work without waiting for everything to come in.

·
Registered
537 Posts
well it looks like i'm going with the pro taper contours. I just ordered the tag (industries brand) clamp inserts which raise the bars by 1" or so. the tag brand inserts are much cheaper than the pro taper brand. If you buy the contour bars and want to use after market hand guards, you will need the acerbis adapters for oversize bars.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
BigB, I have the ProTaper SE ATV High bars on mine and LOVE them. On saturday, take mine for a spin and see if you like them. This way you will know for sure if they will work for you.

·
Administrator
17,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow...what an old thread!!!!:mrgreen: I've had the Pro Taper ATV high bends for almost a year now....l freakin love them.:cool:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Agree with the Pro-Taper ATV High comments....they are excellent. With the ATV Mid, you will find yourself leaning forward a bit versus stock. I didn't like this, but some folks don't mind.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
with the atv hi also comes more sweep/pullback and that can be uncomfortable for some wrists. atv hi have some of the most sweep going for bars. this is hotly debated on the klr site and most go for mid for comfort. on the strom add bar backs to the mids and be happy.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I filled mine with lead buckshot, and they're smooth as can be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts