StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the Pro Taper EVO bars in the Henry/Reed bend. I also used the Pro Taper bar adapters, Moose Racing contour bark busters and Moose Racing large handguards. The only mod I had to do was cut the ball end off of the front brake lever in order to get the barkbusters/handguards to fit. The bars fully lock in place with no problem. When the bars are fully turned to the right, the left handguard hits the left side of the windscreen, but I don't ever see needing to turn the bars that much. Also shown in the pics are the Richland Ricks mirror extenders.

I'm very pleased with the installation. The bars feel awesome. This was the same set up I had on my XR650L. The stock Wee bars were actually not that bad and I also felt the same way about the XRL bars, but once you change to a more straighter bar it really opens up the cockpit and just feels right. At least it does for me.

I added the green grips because, although I like the black Wee, it's like riding Darth Vader and I needed to add some semblance of color to the bike. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
47 Posts
that's actually a lot. My worry would be...bike falls over bars/handguards break fairing and/or windshield.

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
Looks nice...........

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
that's actually a lot. My worry would be...bike falls over bars/handguards break fairing and/or windshield.
It's really negligible. The part that actually hits the windscreen is the plastic handguard, which is quite flexible. If the bike fell over, that would be the least of my concerns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts