StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that own a DL1000 and live near a Princess Auto, they have a metric set of allen key sockets on sale. The biggest socket in the set is the 19mm. I think the set was on sale for $12.97 or something like that.

Go buy it now and save yourself the hassle of scrounging around last minute when you want to change the front tire.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
....or, you can go to your local metal seller and pick up a piece of 3/4" hex shaft. ( 0.75 inch = 19.05 millimeter ) I bought a 6" piece and they charged me less than a buck. I have a spare piece I could have given you.

http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/

Barrie (705) 792-6684
145 Welham Rd.Units 7 & 8
Barrie, ON L4N 8Y3

For those that own a DL1000 and live near a Princess Auto, they have a metric set of allen key sockets on sale. The biggest socket in the set is the 19mm. I think the set was on sale for $12.97 or something like that.

Go buy it now and save yourself the hassle of scrounging around last minute when you want to change the front tire.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bahhh, BAHHHH. I needed the socket the other day though. I rounded the front of the bike and looked at the axle and just remembered that I needed that damn 19mm, I'd borrowed it the last time I needed it from a guy who's out of motorcycling now.

Well at least I have the other sockets too. Precision crafted in Taiwan, just the type of quality tool that you'd expect from Princess Auto.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Careful when you tighten the axle back up.....you don't want to break your new tool. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here's my el cheapo suggestion. Grab a metric bolt with a 19mm head, braze a nut on the end, then just use a wrench. Costs all of a buck, and made my life much easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts