StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
$8100 before tax/title 2 weeks ago for mine. The other 2014 in the area (different dealer) was listed the same 2 weeks ago but now it's up to $8699.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I realize it is a leftover, but why is this bike selling so far under the list?
Honestly, I think Suzuki overpriced it a little right out of the gate. Realistically, it should have been priced about $1000 less, but now they haven't sold well, and Suzuki has some killer rebates trying to get rid of them. Waaaay more than $1000. So the way I see it, jump on it while you can, and get a whole lot of bike for very little money. I picked mine up for just under $7k from Romney Cycles, it was a deal I just couldn't refuse. :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Some thoughts

1. It is a 2014; in five weeks it will be two years old. The market for two year old "new" motorcycles is slim.

2. It is winter. Not too many people are buying motorcycles right now.

3. The 2016's are coming. See post one, but with new 2016 motorcycles hitting the show room floor the older new bikes have to go.

4. No matter what our Gov would like to sell you, the economy is still in the dumpster. With a bad economic reality and Christmas coming how many are new bike shopping?

5. Motorcycle companies and dealerships are making interest payments on equipment just sitting in the show room.

6. Go buy one!

I realize it is a leftover, but why is this bike selling so far under the list?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Honestly, I think Suzuki overpriced it a little right out of the gate. Realistically, it should have been priced about $1000 less, but now they haven't sold well, and Suzuki has some killer rebates trying to get rid of them. Waaaay more than $1000. So the way I see it, jump on it while you can, and get a whole lot of bike for very little money. I picked mine up for just under $7k from Romney Cycles, it was a deal I just couldn't refuse. :D
Under 7!!!??? WOW:surprise:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Got mine for 8K plus dealer fees and tax ($8900 otd). Except for the dealer fees, that's used bike pricing. How can you pass that up?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
$8141 less than two weeks ago (before sales tax and tag transfer).

$8784 OTD with tax and transfer.

Tipsy

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got mine just about a week ago. Paid the dealer $6000 and $526 for tax and title. 2015 White DL650.

They got a 1000 setting there, probably make a deal to someone. Paducah Power Sports, Ky.

Lowest price I seen! I'm happy!

·
Registered
666 Posts
You guys are all bastards. Everyone of ya's.

lol

I think I paid 10400 plus tax for a Dealer demo about 14 months ago. :(

Still love this bike!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I seem to recall the MSRP at the time was 11499 for the regular and 12999 for the adventure. Not sure what it is currently.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I'm looking to purchase a leftover 2014 1000 Adventure version. My question is, it is supposed to come with both the stock and the touring windscreen? Or just the touring windscreen?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hello, I'm looking to purchase a leftover 2014 1000 Adventure version. My question is, it is supposed to come with both the stock and the touring windscreen? Or just the touring windscreen?
Assuming you are in Florida:
"The Adventure Model comes standard with the following accessories: Under Cowl, Hand Guards, Touring Windscreen, Side Cases and Mounting Brackets, and Accessories Bars"...and the standard screen is included too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got my adv version back in mid '14 and paid retail. I wanted it bad because of the overhaul and couldn't find any but the one in 100 miles and it wasn't even uncrated yet so I didn't have much to stand on as far as negotiation goes not to mention I HATE negotiating anyway, unless you count that one time with a lightsaber. I love the bike, its served me well with no problems, but think for the future I'll not get a model year bike because of the massive drop I've seen on this one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up my '14 DL1000 for 7500 plus all the other taxes and and licensing. The Dealer dropped the price to match another dealer that had 11 brand new ones still in the crate. I am very happy with that price after reading through this thread. Shop around...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts