Price range

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some help with setting a selling price on my 2004 650. I bought an '07 ABS model, and I'm still getting my farkles transferred to the other bike, plus it hasn't had its yearly bath yet.

The '04 has 25,000 miles and runs great.
New Shinko 705s
Suzuki heated grips
Hyper-Lite LED flashing brake light
CalSci tall windshield
SW-Motech crash bars & engine guard
Hepco & Becker center stand
10k on the chain & sprockets and no wear evident
K&N air filter
2010 battery
2010 all fluids replaced
New oil & filter
Upgraded EBC-HH front brake pads near-new
Valves adjusted 3k ago
The only damage is a couple of scratches from a stationary drop. (The day I bought it I kept banging my right shin on the footpeg in the unfamiliar location. My shin was as sore as a boil. Well...loading it in the trailer, walking along side, I banged that sore spot hard against the left peg. I fell one way and the bike fell the other. Was I ever mad at the doofus who dropped my bike...:oops:)

Any suggestions for pricing this would be appreciated. There have been few offered on Craigslist here...currently there is one '06 with 20k for $5000.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a 2006 Vstrom 650 from a dealer last week. It doesn't have any extras (except hand guards). The bike has 21,000 miles and runs great. It has some minor scratches and I paid $3,600.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Unfortunately the bike market is tough right now. I'd suggest some on-line research is in order-- (ebay, c-list, here, etc.) but the farkles are worth more off the bike.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Remove farkles, sell separate as they will sell quick and bring you more money. Start bike out at 4K OBO leaving room to negotiate with buyers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hard to say. I am assuming you are across the water, I haven't seen too many for sale over there so you might be able to get a little more. But without any bags I think you will be in the 4k range, maybe a little less.

Steve

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I'm definitely hoping you can get 4K or so for it if sold with the farkles. I'll be putting my 04 (less farkled than yours) up for sale next week and am hoping for 3300-3500

·
Registered
76 Posts
I paid $4k for a far more farkled '05 a couple of months ago. I agree with garvinzoom: sell the farkles separately and list the Wee at a negotiable price.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I paid 3200 for a far more farkled '04 this past spring, which was well cared for but had 41000 on the clocks. Take that as you will, just an FYI.

·
Registered
353 Posts
07 - 2400 miles

I paid $3,900 for grey 07 last year with 2400 miles that was showroom except for small chip out of bottom of front fender and some scratches on one part of luggage/grab bar. Came only with Mastad and MRI shield (stock shield off bike), hand guards, and cortech soft tail bag. I was glad to get at that price and thought it was priced to sell and did not even barter (nice guy threw in a jacket and bike cover).

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the suggestions -- keep 'em coming.

Marku, what a deal!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I payed $3800 last spring for a '07 with 4,000 miles. It had Givi E41 hard saddlebags and is otherwise stock. No keys for Givi bags in addition. Windshield was trashed from being out in weather. Lights will have to be polished as well as they have some sort of discolored film looking stuff on them. Chain was rusted up pretty bad. Otherwise bike looked okay and ran good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts