StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m get back into biking after a hiatus and the Wee(ABS) is probably going to be the bike I will purchase. How are the dealers pricing/dealing these days? Do they deal on price or toss in farkle?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Due to lack of Wee's here, my dealer here couldn't work with me much on a new 2011 Wee. One Suzuki dealer said they haven't even seen a Wee in a couple of years and the other one sold the one on the floor in the week between when I saw it and decided on the purchase.

They had to pick mine up at another dealer about 100 miles away. He did a search of all Vees (650 and 1000) in a 400 mile radius and couldn't offer me much more than what he did. He gave me $200 off MSRP which brought it down to $7899 and threw in a set of hand guards for free. Plus the usual 5% off for two years for any accessories I buy from them.

If you do a search on Cycletrader, the lowest I could find was like $7499 (in Texas and Alabama) which for the $400 difference, I couldn't justify going to.

But for the $7899, I think the Wee was a great deal and worth every penny. :thumbup: I am sure dealers can make better deals, I guess, but this was my experience this weekend. Suzuki is also offering a good finance deal right now, but I wasn't financing the bike, so couldn't tell you the details.

Do a search on Cycletrader.com and see what they are going for in your area.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, and also tax, title, dealer prep, yadda-yadda was on top of that. With the high tax and stuff in Louisiana - walk out the door price was close to $9k. Still worth every penny.

EDIT - EDIT: Ordered the "nap bars", skid plate, highway bars and mounting hardware (powder coated in black) and will soon order the Panniers. All of this will be less than a $k, so for less than $10k, I get a fully loaded touring bike that I love thus far.....can't beat that kind of deal (to me at least) when compared to other dual sport bikes new.

·
Registered
858 Posts
unless you are dead set on a new wee, you can save a very significant amount of money by looking at them used, if priced reasonably. I have seen several very nice examples in the last 6 months or so sell online for less than half price, with farkles, and less than 15k miles in most instances. picking up a used wee with 10k on it and 2 grand worth of farkles for 3500 dollars will leave a LOT of money for gas and new farkles! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unless you are dead set on a new wee, you can save a very significant amount of money by looking at them used, if priced reasonably. I have seen several very nice examples in the last 6 months or so sell online for less than half price, with farkles, and less than 15k miles in most instances. picking up a used wee with 10k on it and 2 grand worth of farkles for 3500 dollars will leave a LOT of money for gas and new farkles! :)
Thanks. I’ve been looking on Criagslist as well as the other sites and haven’t found any I’m interested in. I want the ABS for sure as it once saved my butt on my BMW R1100RS (which was stolen shortly later). There are a lot of SV650 out there, but no V-Strom so far.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
About $8200 OTD (all inclusive - tax, fees and the other), 10% of any store purchases.
Ramsey Suzuki, NJ.

G

·
got mine (2011 abs) for $8000 otd with 15% off parts/accessories for 2 days. They said they had 2 left, a white one and a black, i chose the black :3

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
got mine (2011 abs) for $8000 otd with 15% off parts/accessories for 2 days. They said they had 2 left, a white one and a black, i chose the black :3
Very good price. My 10% is still on (nobody mentioned expiration dates) - for services as well.
May I ask how much you paid for the first 600 miles service? (after break in)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice job. I paid $8000 OTD in 2009 for a brand new ABS Wee (in Maryland which I think still had 5% sales tax then).

Also got the discount on parts for two years and extended warranty . . . sounded great except dealer went out of business 8 months later.

Now closest dealer is an hour away by slab instead of 20 minutes by twisties.

·
Registered
296 Posts
For my 2011 ABS I paid 7,800 OTD with 15% off all accessories include discounted items.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
New price for a Strom

Prices are so cheap in U.S.A. Here in Australia A new Wee sells for a listed price for about $11k for A.B.S. plus "on the roads" i.e. taxes Etc.
Dealers will offer a variety of small deals. Clothing and tyres are also cheap compaired to Aust. prices. Just one example, a rear Anakee 2 =AU$250 which is about US$265 approx. It is now much cheaper for me to buy my tyres in the States and fly them here. The list goes on and on.

S.5

·
Registered
37 Posts
Found 3 2011 wees out of five dealers in my region. None would dicker. Paid $8k and got nothing thrown in. Hmmm, maybe I'm just a lousy negotiator. Anyway, sure glad to have it...great bike!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Friend of mine got one here in NM for $7500, new, black 2011 W/ ABS. I found him several used ones with farkles that he could have bought and saved enough money to fix the suspension.
Watch advrider flea market for used ones, they come and go all the time.
They do not wear out, they do not get loose, they get 55 mpg and run and run.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ABS or not?

I'd be curious if some of the prices here include ABS or not?

I'm currently in the market for a replacement after breaking off the oil line spigot (I'm also in the market for a skid plate :headbang:).

For a black 2011 DL650 ABS I'm being offered $7,300 plus MN tax, title, registration = $7,800 OTD.

At a dealership with lesser reputation I could get it for $125 less.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'd be curious if some of the prices here include ABS or not?

I'm currently in the market for a replacement after breaking off the oil line spigot (I'm also in the market for a skid plate :headbang:).

For a black 2011 DL650 ABS I'm being offered $7,300 plus MN tax, title, registration = $7,800 OTD.

At a dealership with lesser reputation I could get it for $125 less.
that's pretty amazing, but I'd wait a day to make sure they don't come out with something more awesomer for only $500 more..

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Forgot to mention...
The price I paid was not cash. I paid 0 (as in Zero) since it was financing.
Had I gone with cash I remember the dealer mentioning a few hundred $$$ less.

But a CEO in a startup I worked, once taught me a very smart lesson: (I asked why the company raised more money from our VC)
"Take a loan when you don't need it and everything is good, because when you need it nobody will give it to you...!"

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would buy used if possible. Most used Wee's have a lot of farkles baked in already. My low mileage '06 had probably $2K + in options installed (suspension upgrade-front/rear, handguards, heated grips, braided lines, tail bag, madstad bracket, helmet lock plate).....all for under $5K.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I too did the financing and could have got more off paying cash.

As far as a new bike being sold with or without ABS, I believe the 2011 only come with ABS no non-ABS model is available.

If you are planning on paying cash you can't go wrong with a used Wee with farkles already included. I could have got a 2008 with 12.5K miles (14K servicer already done) with Givi top case, Givi windshield, heated gribs and a few other things for 5K OTD. But for me, how offen do you see 1,000 off MSRP and 1.9 financing.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
392 Posts
pricing

Pricing will depend much on where you live. Not all areas of the country have a big stock of Wee's, if they are in demand and there is a short supply, don't expect much of a discount off list, if any.

Bill H.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I got screwed apparently. Dealer finally gave me $200 bucks off list price of a white 2011. Of course, they also charged $699 Freight and prep!!! $699?? I think for that it must have been hand carried from the docks. Plus the $122ish document fee and the mandatory 3% vehicle sales tax. They did tell me if I bought any accessories they could include them and those also would be at the same 3% tax instead of normal 7%. In NM motor vehicles are taxed at 3%, general sales tax (called gross receipts) is 7+%.

I guess it's my fault for me taking in my checkbook when I looked at them.

Rick

1 - 20 of 24 Posts