StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 3 quarts of Bel-Ray and an oil filter from the local Suzi store. Everything is list price so I spent about $35.

About a week later I received a survey from the store so I griped about the prices. I wrote that I could get the same stuff over the Internet cheaper....etc.

I got a message from the parts manager wanting to talk about prices and how they could "win me back". I haven't called them yet.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
8)

Go talk to them! Its not often that the dealer will make the effort to please a customer in that way. Besides, buying locally also buys you some good will that may pay off later. Perhaps a good discount on your next new bike......

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
8)

Go talk to them! Its not often that the dealer will make the effort to please a customer in that way. Besides, buying locally also buys you some good will that may pay off later. Perhaps a good discount on your next new bike......

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
buying locally

I would much rather buy locally for a couple of reasons.

1. Cash and carry

2. Help out ( a little bit, anyway) the local economy.

On the net I can get a cheaper price + shipping (what a scam!) but pay no sales tax.

Example: Bel-ray exs (synthetic) oil lists for $11.99 a quart. I can get it online for $8.99 but have to pay $10 shipping for three quarts.

Locally $11.99 + 7.25% sales tax.

Pretty much a wash. If I can get the local store to discount I will be ahead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Even if you did save a lot what if it is wrong or you need to take it back?
Loyalty to my dealer sved more on the bike then accessories online

1 - 5 of 5 Posts